Format: Available Self-Study Courses
The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||So much confusion and misunderstanding surrounds the principles and practices of yoga today. If you’re interested in yoga, but are finding it hard to really learn what it is all about, then you’re not alone.
Quality, comprehensive yoga training with an experienced and knowledgeable teacher can be difficult to find.
The Ashtanga Yoga of Patanjali Yoga Study Program is a comprehensive, step-by-step yoga training program. It includes instruction in a vast array of yoga techniques,along with the principles behind the practices, all taught in a systematic way. Along with instruction in the theoretical and philosophical concepts of yoga, this course is designed to help you to develop a solid foundation of practice, and gain a complete understanding of this profound, life-transforming science of yoga.
You Will Receive:
You Will Learn:
- Nearly 1,100 pages of comprehensive yoga training material
- 48 Lessons, organized into 12 sections
- Video Clips demonstrating the proper practise of the yoga techniques
- Easy to follow daily practice outlines at the end of each lesson
- Study Sheets at the end of each Section, with questions to help you
review the material learned and to refresh your knowledge
How Does It Work?
- Over 120 powerful yoga techniques, along with the theory behind yoga, its principles and philosophy
- An exploration of yoga history and theory
- Yoga psychology
- The philosophies of yoga
- Various health conditions
- The yogic approach to healing
- The science of ayurveda
- Polarity and powerful yoga energy balancing practices
- The yoga lifestyle
- Yogic cleansing techniques
- The yogic diet
- Specific asanas and kriyas for healthy digestion
- Nearly 2 dozen fundamental pranayama practices
The 48 lessons of this course are downloaded in pdf file format, which can be printed for your convenience. Each lesson contains a combination of yogic theory, along with practical techniques, designed to walk the student in a step by step fashion through the multitude of concepts and practices of yoga. Where physical practices are indicated, there are detailed instructions given in the text, along with links to view video demonstrations of the proper performance of each exercise.
How Long Will It Take To Complete The Home Study Course?
Each of the 48 lessons of this yoga trainng course is designed to take about one week to complete. Therefore, the typical time to complete the entire program is one year. Enthusiastic and disciplined students may complete it in as little as 6 months, while the flexibility of this home study structure allows for students to spend as much time as they need.
There is no certification awarded for the home study course.
|About The Provider:
||International Yogalayam was created in 2006 by Yogacharya to provide information on the various aspects of classical yoga. Along with yoga educational resources and comprehensive, distance education in yoga, International Yogalayam is at the forefront of online yoga education.
||Contact Us For More Information